Saturday, July 14, 2012

.The Sting of Rejection.



Some things in life hurt. Like the cut of a knife to the skin of a human, or a burn as a flame touches flesh. But, there is one pain that can hurt far more than any physical pain, and that is the sting of rejection. 
I’ve recently been subjected to such a pain, and I can tell you….it doesn’t feel good. I remember the feeling of realizing that something I wanted so badly, was never going to happen. It was like my heart was suddenly pressed upon. I didn’t want to cry, and I didn’t want to show my friends and family that it hurt, so I played it off. But, that night as I walked in my room, I shut the door and tears filled my eyes. Some things in life hurt...but some hurt more.
I felt angry at God. Why? Why not me? Did I not deserve it? Had I done something wrong? No. The answer was clear, and I was ashamed that I had even asked. But, a thought came to my mind that put everything in perspective for me. What if God has something else in store for me. What if what I was planning for myself actually got in the way of God’s plan? There’s one thing I want more than anything in this world, and what if I almost passed it up because of something I wanted...something that I thought I needed.
Life goes on and we get distracted by the daily struggles in life. I can help but think that maybe sometimes The Sting of Rejection, is God’s way of saying, “I’m closing this door, but make sure to see this other one opening.” So as my heart becomes numb after the sting, I will remember that there is one person who knows best for me, and lucky enough he is the one with all the answers. 
&hearts, Maddie.

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Maddie! That's a lesson I have to keep learning over and over. You're amazing.

    Inklings @ margothovley.com

    ReplyDelete