Tuesday, March 13, 2012

.Here's to you, Gar.

I have had the amazing opportunity to have one of my Best Friends out in the Mission Field, serving the Lord. This guy is incredible, and i miss him almost everyday! He was my go-to-guy, literally. Whenever either of us needed to talk, or even just needed some time away from the commotion, we would go drive up by the Bountiful Temple, and just talk for hours.
Last night i really needed one of these talking sessions, so Marissa and I drove up to the Temple, and talked. It made me realize how much i really did miss Garrett, and how grateful i was for such amazing friends in my life. After awhile, we got out of the car and went to take a picture by the temple so that we could send it to Garrett.
As we tried and tried to get a good picture, this CRAZY lady walked up to us and offered to take the picture. I say crazy, because she literally was CRAZY. We didn't know if she was on drugs or what, but it was like you had forced 200 RedBulls down her throat! She was jumping up and down, saying crazy things, and taking 15 different pictures of the ground. All we could do was sit there and laugh. Finally, in movement, she took a pretty decent picture.
I love my life. I really do, and it took me last night to remind me of how blessed i am to have such amazing friends. I know that if i ever needed someone to just talk to, i could call them up at anytime of day, or night. In Garrett's last letter to me, he expressed that he could really use a drive...oh how i wish i could go and pick him up in Florida! But, i can't, so dedicating a drive to him will just have to do. :)

Well, Here's to you, Gar.

Picture taken by the Crazy Lady
                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment