Sunday, March 18, 2012

.The Joys of Being a Sister.

This weekend I had the opportunity to support my brother who is on the Viewmont Tennis Team. This is a family event, and one dear to my heart. I have watched many of these boys grow up, and two of them might as well be my adoptive little brothers. After spending a week down in Centerville with my family at home, we headed to St. George for the tournament.
 This weekend was all about tennis...tennis, and did I mention TENNIS?? From 8:00am to 7:00pm it was watching tennis, sometimes missing meals just so we wouldn't miss our match. Being raised as the oldest of 3 kids, I became a Daddy's girl right from the start. I can't tell you how much my dad has influenced my life. He is my rock. One of my favorite things to do with my dad, is watching sports. Football, Basketball, Tennis, and if it's BYU...it's even better! The moral of the story is...I am a rowdy girl. I scream at the T.V. like a man, and can talk sports like every other guy out there. If you don't know the sport of tennis very well, you probably don't see why this is a problem. In the sport of Tennis, when you are cheering, you are to be very quite and only cheer when your team makes a good shot. There is no yelling, no contesting a call, and absolutely no coaching.
After watching match after match, you recognized the good teams, and the not so good teams. Mitch(brother) and Preston(partner) were defiantly one of the better teams, if not the best. They won game after game, losing only one set. This was very good for a tennis team. As the Finals slowly approached, so did Mitch and Preston's chances of winning the Championship. As they started the match, it was apparent that this would not be an easy task. The team was good, but fundamentally Mitch and Preston were better. Point after point they battled, until it was a super tie-breaker...9-10 for the other team...Match point. As the ball got past the Viewmont team, we realized it was over....and the boys were heartbroken. Mitch and Preston shook hands at the net, and showed true showmanship that any sister would be proud of...but that's not the only thing that amazed me. What amazed me was the dedication that they boys had to their team. Mitch's match was one of the earlier matches, and yet they stayed and supported their entire team through every match that was played. They waited, and waited, cheering every guy on...win or lose
  In the end, Viewmont took 1st overall and won the tournament. I was beyond proud of them all. They deserved nothing less than 1st place...but what I was more proud of, was the way they held themselves throughout the entire tournament. They held their heads up high, and even though they lost, they shook it off and put their teammates first.
   Love you boys! Congrats again!


3 comments:

  1. aww. mitch is such a cutie. remember how him and kait are getting married? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! That is still on my friend...destiny just has to find them :)

    ReplyDelete